Isuzu highlights agility during a challenging year
Isuzu Motors South Africa demonstrated great agility and resilience during the unprecedented challenging environment of 2020, by clocking up numerous awards as well as achieving better than expected sales results.
During the course of the year the company received a total of six awards, reinforcing the credibility of the brand and recognising the important role the company plays in the economy and also within local communities, said Billy Tom, CEO and Managing Director of Isuzu Motors South Africa.
These awards included the following:
- Runner up in the cars.co.za Car Awards Brand of the Year for 2019;
- Cars.co.za award for having the best sales people in the industry;
- Isuzu D-MAX won the 2020 Zimbabwean Car of the Year Award;
- The Exporters Club recognised Isuzu in the Best Exporter OEM Merit Award category for Overcoming Obstacles;
- Joint winners in the business category of the Herald’s 2020 Citizen of the Year, in recognition of the critical role the company played in renovating Nelson Mandela Bay hospitals; and
- The Overall Manufacturer of the Year at the 2020 Southern African Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association Manufacturer of the Year Awards.
In addition to the above awards, Isuzu also achieved an industry leading level 1 rating on the BBBEE scorecard. “This is a testament to the way we have embraced transformation as a business imperative,” emphasised Tom. “We regard transformation as critical to ensuring the sustainability of our business, while at the same time it reflects our commitment to being part of the transformation of our country. As we move forward we are going to continue to focus on accelerating the transformation of our business and also that of our value chain.”